Clear Braces Turlock, CA
At King Dentistry, we provide clear braces throughout the Turlock area. Straight teeth are important for your overall oral health. When teeth are crooked, they can become stained and infected more easily. By straightening teeth, we can improve your appearance and decrease the risk of getting cavities at the same time. We can also address issues that you may have with your jaw by aligning your bite. Clear braces are truly a comprehensive way and discreet way to address oral health concerns.
A Clear Option for Straightening Teeth
We understand that while many people want to have straighter teeth, many teens and adults are uncomfortable with the traditional metal braces on their teeth for more than one year. While they are not as discreet as people wish, metal braces are an effective tool for straightening teeth. The procedure works by placing a metal bracket onto the surface of each tooth and running a wire through those brackets. It is impossible not to notice when someone is wearing traditional metal braces. While the treatment works, it can also negatively impact a persons' appearance while doing so. This has led many people to seek out a better option, one that we provide.
As an elite provider of clear braces, we offer our patients an alternative to traditional metal braces. Patients that have concerns about how metal braces may impact their appearance can receive the same benefit of straight teeth without having a mouth full of metal in order to do so. Clear braces offer patients the chance to wear tooth-colored wires and brackets that blend in with the natural color of the teeth. This option is not a practical solution for children but is extremely effective for older patients. Not everyone provides this option, so it is important to work with a dentist before the procedure. If you live in or near Turlock CA, we invite you to call (209) 585-1474 and schedule a consultation to determine if invisible orthodontics are right for you.
Check out what others are saying about our clear braces on Yelp: Clear Braces Turlock
Clear Braces vs. Metal Braces
At King Dentistry, we offer clear alternatives for adults and teens the greater Turlock area. We can straighten teeth and move them into the perfect position so the patient has a beautiful and radiant straight smile. If you have crooked teeth, unsightly gaps between your teeth or a misaligned bite, then we can help to correct these issues and more. Clear braces work just as effectively as metal braces but with some major improvements. Clear braces are much more difficult to notice, making them ideal for busy professionals, teens and those that do not want to negatively impact their current appearance during the process.
There are several types of clear and barely visible options to choose. One operates similarly to traditional metal braces where we place a bracket onto each tooth and thread a wire between the brackets. The difference is that instead of being made out of metal, the brackets for clear braces consists of a tooth-colored resin that blends in with the natural tooth. The wire is also tooth-colored so that the braces themselves are almost invisible and difficult to see. We find that this solution works well for teens and adults that are able to practice proper dental hygiene with the clear braces. Otherwise, food can stain the brackets. This solution is an excellent alternative to traditional braces and is just as effective at addressing all oral health concerns.
Clear braces also come in the form of aligners. Clear aligners look like a full retainer that surrounds the teeth and are worn on the upper and lower teeth. Aligners are more convenient to wear than metal braces since patients can remove them when necessary. One of the major concerns that people have with wearing braces is that they do not come off until the treatment is complete. If, for example, you get braces then decide to get married, you will either have braces in your wedding pictures or need to pay to remove them and reinstall them after. Simultaneously, if you have a big presentation at work and want to impress a client, your braces cannot come off for the meeting. This leaves many adults apprehensive about committing to a two-year treatment plan. We understand that appearance is important for more than vanity. It impacts your ability to create a professional image and retain your own self-image. As a Turlock provider of clear braces and aligners, we make it so that you do not have to compromise your appearance or lifestyle while straightening teeth; aligners are a key component of that.
When straightening teeth with aligners, the biggest advantage is that they are removable. While patients wear the aligners for around 22 hours a day, they remove the aligners while eating and brushing teeth. Patients can also remove the aligners during a sport, athletic activity, or for a photo. With clear aligners, there is no need to adjust what you eat or worry about getting food stuck between the brackets. Patients can remove clear aligners for any reason, so long as they continue to wear the aligners for at least 22 hours per day. If you are interested in learning more about the process, we invite you to call 209-585-1474 and schedule an appointment with our Turlock office.
Teen Braces and Adult Braces
We treat both teens and adults and understand that both can benefit from similar treatment options. While children may not be able to wear clear braces, teens can wear clear braces if they take proper care of them. The main difference between clear braces for teens and adult braces, is that teens may need to use their aligners for a longer period of time. With such a busy schedule, we expect teens to remove their aligners more frequently to do things like play sports.
Call our office today
If you are interested in clear aligners or need us to replace some lost aligners, give us a call to schedule an appointment. We will go over options and determine if clear aligners are the best treatment for straightening your teeth. Give us a call at (209) 585-1474 today.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. Are clear braces an alternative to metal ones?
Q. What clear braces options are available?
People Also Ask
Q. Why should I consider dental cosmetics?
Q. What are the most common cosmetic dental treatment services?
Definition of Invisalign® Terminology
- Aligner Trays
- With Invisalign® treatment, the patient will receive a series of aligner trays and swap out each one for the next one in the series every two weeks in order to gradually straighten the teeth.
- Blue Compliance Indicator (Invisalign® Teen)
- The blue compliance indicator is a small blue dot on the aligners that will fade from blue to clear in order to indicate if the patient is wearing the aligner for the proper amount of time and where the patient is in the Invisalign® process.
- ClinCheck® Software
- ClinCheck® software allows professionals to map out the straightening process the patient’s teeth will go through with Invisalign® in great detail.
- Gum Line
- The gum line is the line in the mouth where the teeth and gums meet. If a patient struggles with gum recession, then the gum tissue around the teeth may begin to wear away.
- Incisal Ridges
- Incisal ridges are the portion of the crown of the tooth that makes up the incisal portion and can be a direct cause of overbite if they are extended too far.
- iTero Element® Scanner
- An iTero Element® scanner allows professionals to create a 3D image of the patient’s teeth in minutes and predict what it will take to move the teeth into proper alignment.
- Malocclusion is the condition in which the upper and lower teeth do not meet properly when the bite is closed. Conditions of malocclusion can include overbite, underbite, crossbite and open bite; all of which are treatable with Invisalign®.
- An overbite is a type of malocclusion that occurs when the upper teeth jut out over the lower teeth, covering them and causing other issues.
- Polyurethane Resin
- Polyurethane Resin is a USP Class VI medical grade, high molecular weight compound that makes up the Invisalign® aligners.
- SmartForce Attachments
- SmartForce attachments are small attachments that professionals place on the patient’s teeth before placing aligners to help move the teeth.
- Smart Track® Material
- Smart Track® material is in Invisalign® aligners to increase comfort, improve control of movement, increases the speed of treatment and applies a gentle force to the teeth over time.
- Smile-Scan analyzes the way a patient smiles by measuring the position of the mouth and eyes before giving a score.
- Vivera® Retainers
- Vivera® retainers are a type of retainer that consists of clear plastic material and helps to maintain orthodontic corrections after a treatment.
Back to top of Clear Braces
What Materials Are Used To Make ClearCorrect Aligners?
ClearCorrect® aligners allow you to straighten your teeth without having to deal with metal wires and brackets that ruin the way your smile looks. Braces have been the standard way to improve the alignment of teeth for centuries, and they remain one of the most efficient ways to straighten teeth. They can be used to…
Ask A Dentist: Can ClearCorrect Invisible Braces Treat All Bite Problems?
Invisible braces allow patients to get straighter teeth without the discomfort or embarrassment of metal braces. Because dental aligners like ClearCorrect® are transparent and custom-made to accommodate the contours of the teeth, they are practically invisible, hence their name.Teeth aligners are made of tough plastic that is strong enough to push individual teeth into new,…
What To Ask Your General Dentist When Preparing For A Crown
If a general dentist recommends a dental crown, there are a variety of reasons why. Crowns can be used for cosmetic corrections as well as for protection and support. These dental restorations may seem intimidating to those who have never had one, but they do not have to be. Here are some questions to ask…
What Are The Best Methods Of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening treatments work wonders when it comes to improving the way your teeth look. These treatments typically involve using compounds like hydrogen peroxide or hydrogen carbamide to improve the way teeth look. The compounds have bleaching properties and can penetrate past enamel into the inner layers of teeth for a thorough whitening effect. With…